Monday 17 August 2009

More Weekend Plans

Sigh. This 10lbs in 14 days challenge is going to be hard. I didn't see S this weekend but we're meeting up this coming Saturday to hang out one last time before I'm Canada-Bound for two weeks. And, of course, this means going out to eat. Why must we always eat? I guess in this case it's so we have something to do... I mean, I have no money to shop, I'm saving shopping for Canada, and I already told her I can't afford to go out clubbing (either the money or the excess calories because all of my favourite drinks are ridiculously non-ED-friendly) so we cancelled that part.

So, we're going for sushi. And oh god, do I love sushi. I just have to remind myself not to overdo it. 500 cals, 500 cals, 500 cals! I might restrict further than 500 this week just so if I slip up a little on Saturday I've already covered myself.

Right now, I'm craving bananas =/ And celery dipped in peanut butter.

Still, it's 11 and I haven't eaten anything yet. I dunno what I want to do for lunch. Go get some fresh crisp lettuce and maybe make a little salad, or get some wafer-thin chicken (9 cals per slice!) and roll them up with the lettuce? I'm not in the mood for my 10-calorie soup, which sounds bad but is the truth. I don't know if I can be bothered to go up to Tesco though. And it's probably best I don't as I've been known to lose myself in there and buy a ton of snack foods like croissants and fridge raiders (cold chicken bites) and stuff, and I can't afford to do that right now. So I'll probably just settle in for a plain baked potato from the canteen instead.

I'd buy a banana from the canteen but they're expensive and always super brown and yucky.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm, baked taters. Do they have salsa in the canteen? That's a good way to change it up.

Dorothy said...

I love vegi sushi. I know that avocado rolls and cucumber rolls are ridiculously low cal...same with seaweed salad which I also love<3
I'm sure you'll be able to stay at 500 cal ; )
have fun with your friend and stay strong darling <3

PS-blogger is being retarded, so if you're getting this for like the 3rd time ; )

Dorothy said...

I love vegi sushi. I know that avocado rolls and cucumber rolls are ridiculously low cal...same with seaweed salad which I also love<3
I'm sure you'll be able to stay at 500 cal ; )
have fun with your friend and stay strong darling <3

PS-blogger is being retarded, so if you're getting this for like the 3rd time ; )

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the comment! It was lovely and made me aware of your blog which I'm now following :) calorie restriction and going out with friends is SO difficult. I'm going out to meet a friend in a few hours and I just know I'm gonna be 1000+ by the end of the day -__- worth it though :)

Any food that used to swim scares me. Tesco does indeed have too many temptations. It's good to find someone from the UK on blogger name dropping places I recognise haha. Hope your day gets better dear. Take care :)

Vee said...

@Lady Destroyed: No, work canteen fails. It has half-rotting, overripe fruit, sandwiches slathered in butter, chips and potatoes, and whatever the special of the day is =/

@Dot: Avocado rolls are like, my favvvvourite sushi too haha. I love it!