Monday, 27 July 2009

Monday Morning Misery

I hate Mondays. I know they aren’t exactly the more popular days to most people, but my GOD, do I hate them. I suppose I bring some of that on myself, since I tend to stay in bed late on the weekend which in turn screws up my already tenuous sleeping pattern, and then having to get up early for work is a living nightmare.

This morning was, of course, no exception.

Last night, after showering and doing my hair, I did a quick post to my blog and immediately went to bed. Not ten minutes later, my cat started clawing at the door so I had to let her out. Then back in again half an hour later. Then at 1:30 in the morning, she wanted to go out again so I had to drag myself out of bed to open my bedroom door yet again. By this time I’d dozed for maybe ten minutes.

In the end, I think I finally managed to fall asleep around 4ish, and even then my sleep was fitful. I remember waking up at least three times between 5 and 6, and then dozed restlessly on and off from 6:20 until my alarm went off at 6:45.

I woke up feeling like hell. A little uneasy and nauseous, dizzy, but mostly completely fucking exhausted. I dragged myself to the bathroom to get ready for work, but my aunt called me from her room and told me she wasn’t going to work today. Great. I mentioned in my last post that I have 3 hours to make up between today and tomorrow, on top of my usual 7 hours each day. So last night I asked my aunt what time she was leaving – I figured, if she was leaving early I’d go with her and get my morning ride to the bus stop, but if she was starting late, I’d get up half an hour earlier to ensure I’d still get to work before 8:30. So, my aunt telling me at the last minute that she wasn’t going to work today totally screwed up my plans. Instead of getting to work for 8:20 like I’d planned to, I got to my desk at 8:45, which means I have to stay until between 5:30 and 5:45 to make up the extra time (I need to calculate exactly what I need to make up, but either way it’s not good).

And of course, instead of taking this news and being able to hurry to get out the door sooner to make up time, I wound up having to spend 20 minutes on the toilet with an upset stomach. Ugh. No idea what caused that, probably just my body being pissed off that it didn’t get any sleep last night or something. But in the end I didn’t leave the house until 5 minutes AFTER I should have left with my aunt.

Halfway into my 20-minute walk to the bus stop, I suddenly realized I wasn’t sure whether or not I locked the door when I left. Of course by this time, I was pissed off and felt sick and didn’t give a damn, and there was no way in hell I was going to waste an extra 20 minutes walking home and back again just to check the door. We live in a safe neighbourhood, and it’s the back door that I used, so it should be fine… But I’m half expecting a bitchy text from one of my aunts around noon.

Also, my bread-binge did some damage, but not an immense amount. I’m up a pound this morning, but still down 1 overall from last Thursday morning. Which, in my opinion, is not nearly good enough, but at least I’m still down after having a bad weekend. To make up for it, I left my bag of grapes in the fridge at home – I have a 10 calorie chicken soup that I’m going to have for lunch instead (IF my stomach calms down enough to allow it. I just had a sip of green tea and it’s churning in my stomach like an ocean storm right now, oh god). When I get home I’ll either have… a frozen Shepherd’s Pie (220 calories) or a can of English cop-out fake hot dogs when I get home (I think for a whole can of 8 little hot dogs, it’s like 200 calories) so either way my total will be in a totally acceptable level and I should see another decent loss in the morning.

My room is like a glorified storage closet right now. And I know I’m not going to do a damn thing about it tonight, which is what I’d planned to do. Instead, I’m so damn tired, that I’m going to go home, eat something (hmm, or maybe skip food altogether and blame it on feeling sick), throw some laundry in the washing machine, and go to bed for the night.

Tomorrow I’ll try to do some organizing. I have two big bags of books, two boxes of godknowswhat, and a bag that has some stuffed animals and film cells and framed photos in it, that I need to find a home for. The books aren’t too bad, it’s the rest of it. Mental note, I need to get a shoe rack or something to put on the back of my door =/

Anyway, I should go get some work done. I really don’t want to be here, and in all honesty I probably should have just stayed at home today, but I have to make up these hours by the end of tomorrow, and I’m here now so I might as well persevere.

Still, I wonder if anyone would notice if I took a two-hour nap under my desk at lunchtime…?

No comments: