Thursday 18 June 2009

A Buzz-Induced Post of Ramblings

I'm feeling so productive.

I'm still on a constant caffiene high from the fairly-strong Brazilian coffee I've been drinking all morning. Only 5 cups, really? I thought it was more than that. I am seriously buzzing. I feel a little shakey, whether that be from coffee or no food at all today so far, I'm not entirely sure. It doesn't matter, either way it's not a bad thing.

I've got so much stuff done today. It's just turned 2pm here, and I've finished a full eight-and-a-half hours' worth of work in five and a half. Which means I've now got three hours worth of time to kill and I'm at a loss as to what to do. I've got my novel-in-progress in a word document on my work computer, but I'm not convinced caffiene-shakes will let me concentrate hard enough to not suck. My work, well, I just go on autopilot, but writing requires actual cohesive thought and creativity. We'll see.

I tend to shop online when I've got a spare hour, but I've spent a ridiculous amount of money on makeup in the past two weeks so I need to cut back. Or rather, I've cut myself off. I'm not allowed to buy any makeup between now and the start of August, unless I run completely out of mascara or liquid eyeliner (hey man, those are staples that I need every damn day!)

I'm so bored it's ridiculous. I could do MORE work but why? I've replied to all my emails from S, to which each reply is pages long, I might add. I don't even know what else to blog about. I guess I could price up ellipticals and dumbbell sets and pedometers online. I still haven't decided on one from my last advice post, sigh. It doesn't matter since I'm not allowed to buy one right now ayway. On payday next week I might order one, but I'm not sure yet. I need to save money.

I have all my spending money for Canada tied up neatly in my savings account. Unfortunately, the makeup money was spent on my credit card, which I won't be able to pay off until after I've paid for my trip to Cancun in September. My goal right now is to get the £1300 I need saved up so I can pay it off before I go to Canada at the end of August (although August payday is the day before I leave, and I'm working that day, so it'll be a stretch to get to the travel agents.) I might have to withdraw the money and give it to my grandmother to pay off for me. I don't even know what name our trip is under. I mean, I know my granny's friend organized it but I don't even know her last name.

June, July, and August paydays should get me up to the 1500 mark so I should be okay to pay it off in September. And after that I can pay off the full balance of my credit card. I want to note that the balance of my card is NOT all makeup, either, because that sounds very bad. I bought my tickets to Canada online and used my card to pay it off, so that's on there too =]

So excited and dreading tomorrow at the same time. I'm meeting S at the train station around 8:45 to catch a train at 9:11, which means I'll have to get up around 7 to get there on time. Earlier if I have to walk to my bus stop, which will take around half an hour. I'm also praying it doesn't rain because THAT IS ALL WE NEED. Damn you, English "summertime". I curse you!

Dreading it because of three things.

1. Hard Rock Cafe for lunch. It's looking like a lot of it is greasy meats, although the chicken fajita might not be too bad without sour cream and stuff. =/
2. Shakeaway. S has been raving about Shakeaway, which is a place that basically does any flavour milkshake you can think of (Ferero Rocher anyone?) so we're supposed to be hunting one of them down.
3. Krispy Kremes - enough said, I think. I told her about Krispy Kreme doughnuts aaaages ago and there happens to me one in the area we're going to in Manchester. One plain glazed doughnut is 217 calories. The cruller I want is, I think, 257.

Methinks Saturday's going to have to be a fast day.

Wish me luck!

Vee xox

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck!!