Tuesday 9 June 2009

About Me

I just realized I've never posted a real kind of introduction here. I was going to write something on the sidebar but it turned out WAY too long. Some of this stuff you guys already know - and I realize it's ridiculously vain of me to assume anybody even cares. But here it is anyway.

Obviously I have a life outside of the world of food and weight obsession. I'm a 23 year old Canadian girl living in England with extended family. I have dual nationality. I'm bottle blonde, blue-eyed, and fat fat fat. Sometimes I think I'm pretty, but that is all. I recently had braces taken off and am far more pleased with the resulting smile than I was anticipating.

I have a love-hate relationship with my immediate family. Except where my mother's husband is concerned. His is just a hate-hate-hate. I love my mother but I have very, very little respect for her and the choices she has made, as a person and as a mother. My sister seems to be finally trying to get her life together; I wish my brother would do the same. I have a nephew, who was born in November 2007, who I haven't met yet as he lives in Canada with the rest of my immediate family.

I can be a geek sometimes; I've been toying with the idea of going to University and taking Genetics & Microbiology classes. However, half the time I come off as an absolute retard. I can also be pretty ignorant about major current events. Politics bore me to hell; I should pay attention, but I can't find it in myself to do so.

I love video games. My favourite are the Silent Hill series, followed probably by Final Fantasy, Harvest Moon, and The Sims. Like I said, geekalicious.

I'm very passionate about music, and my tastes are eclectic. Primarily I listen to a lot of rock music, of varying subgenres - some of my favourite bands can be found in a recent post. I'm a huge movie buff and love going to the cinema. My favourite director is Tim Burton, I think the man is a GOD. I watch all genres, but I particularly love comedies (in the style of Jim Carrey, Will Farrell, Ben Stiller, etc) and horror movies. I love being scared, but most horror movies of today tend to disappoint. I also love me some gore. Like Hostel, or Saw. <3

I'm also a huuuge bookworm. I'm always reading, and usually have more than one book going at a time. I'll read anywhere. At work at my desk during lunch, in a bubble bath, in bed, while watching TV. I used to read in the car, too, but I get super super carsick if I do that now. Hell, I get carsick if I send a text message in a moving vehicle, or look in a glove compartment for a CD.

My favourite authors are Dean Koontz and Chuck Palahniuk. Stephen King also rocks out loud. I'm constantly on the hunt for a new amazing author to discover, so any recommendations will be taken on board and added to my list.

I have a very strong interest in all things related to the paranormal / supernatural / metaphysical / occult / whatever you want to call it. I read tarot cards (or rather, I try to), I have crystals, pendulums, all that fun stuff. A friend of ours keeps referring to me as a witch, but I wouldn't say that's necessarily accurate. I'm just... openminded. And entirely fascinated. I would absolutely LOVE to stay in a haunted hotel or hospital for a night.

This might get a few peoples' backs up, but I don't believe in organized religion. I generally fail to see the difference between any popular (or unpopular) cults and Catholicism or Christianity. I believe that people should be free to believe what they want to, and to not have to stick those beliefs into a very small, specifically-tailored box. That said, I fully respect that some people are religious, and that's fine. I won't preach at them, as long as they extend me the same courtesy. To each his own, is how I feel.

I can be pretty strongly opinionated, and also a moody bitch-cow, which will probably be reflected in my blog, if it hasn't been already. And I'm pretty sure it has ;]

I'm going to cut off here because this is going on forever. But, there's a brief glimpse into who I am outside of the ED-World.

No comments: