Thursday 18 June 2009

FINALLY!!

So finally I've managed to drop some weight! FINALLYYYY.

First of all, last night I was terrified because when I weighed myself at around 10, it read 207. TWO OH SEVEN. And I know, I know, you're not supposed to weigh yourself at night because you're lightest in the morning, weight fluctuates, blah blah. Usually I'm only around 2lbs heavier at night than in the morning though, so when I saw that number I almost screamed.

But this morning the scale read an even 203, so that 0.6 is officially gone.

My stomach is grumbling and feeling very hungry and it's awesome! So today is going to be mostly just liquids. No food, just lots of coffee and water at work to keep me full. It's a 400 day on ABC, so tonight when I get home (around 6ish tonight) I might have a 220-calorie frozen dinner or something, but that's my lot for the day.

Yesterday was a little bit... sorry, someone at work was just making fun of (rather, trying to imitate) my accent and I've lost my train of thought now, haha.

Oh, right. Yesterday I actually got some shit done. And by "some shit" I mean I unpacked two big boxes of books finally! And even organized them how I wanted them on my shelf, leaving space for some other ones I know I've got packed away somewhere. I also realized, I have a serious book problem. I have like 40 Dean Koontz books, no lie. And I even discovered I have THREE OF THE SAME BOOK. One in the oldschool cover, one in the pretty new white covers all his books seem to be released with now, and one under his old pen name of Leigh Nichols when it was originally published back in the 80s. The last one I knew I was buying a duplicate, but I bought it anyway because of the pen name deal and it was rare. But I had no idea I already owned two copies before that! Jeez.

Of course, me being the book hoarder that I am, I won't be getting rid of any of them. This is coming from the same chick who purposely bought two copies of Chuck Palahniuk's "Haunted" just because they had different covers (one was preordered here in the UK, the other I bought in Canada). I have two copies each of The Shining and at least two other Stephen King books.

I refuse to get a library card because that means I have to give the books back after I've read them. Instead of reading a book for free, I'd rather spent £8 on one and keep it forever. I've only lived here for five years but in that time I've accumulated well over two hundred books.

Anyway, I'm rambling again, I think my homemade-mocha is kicking in WHOO!

Bad news for the day:
- I've been awake since 4:20. Which means I've had less than 4 hours of sleep. But what the fuck else is new, right?
- I've got to take our team's phone line today. I fucking hate taking the phones =/
- I have to stay until 5 today, I've gotten used to leaving at 4 the past couple of days and beating the traffic/busy buses.
- I have to get up early tomorrow to meet S at the train station around 8:45 tomorrow morning. On my day off.

Good news for the day:
- YAY Weight loss!
- CAFFEINE!
- Although I have to get up early tomorrow, I'm still looking forward to Manchester IF I can get some decent sleep tonight =/

Bleh, I've got to go log my phone into our line, talk to you later chickadees.

Vee xox

2 comments:

Lily of the Valley said...

I'm so happy to see that you've finally started to lose weight. I know getting started is the hardest. Trust me. I weigh a little over 200 lbs, but I've lost 38 lbs.I know that I'm still fat, but not as fat as I was 3 mos. ago.

Vee said...

Hey thanks! It's been such a downer, because before, I'd lose weight like the INSTANT I started restricting, but this time around it just refused to budge. So it was a HUGE relief to see a change on the scale this morning.

And damn girl, you've done so well in three months! Hopefully 3 months from now I'll be able to say the same =]

Keep it up!
Vee xox