Monday 27 April 2009

I Want To Break Free

I guess. How much easier all of this would be if I lived on my own. I am literally counting the hours until my aunts have their weight-loss surgery. No more will I have to come home to "So, we ordered pizza" or open the freezer to get out a low-cal frozen meal and be rebuffed with "We're making beef casserole, it's in the oven."

I hate how nobody consults me before they start planning group meals. My aunts KNOW full well I'm trying to lose weight. I've told them numerous times not to bother phoning me and asking if I want anything picking up from McDonald's or ask if I want anything while they're at the fish-and-chip shop. Because no, I do not, and I really do not need the temptation either. Yes, it's an amazing feeling to be able to say no. But I could really do without the option to begin with.

So right now, I'm very much looking forward to next month, when my aunts will be away for two weeks. I've got a couple of meals I'm going to have to endure (I think my grandparents want to go to dinner or lunch with me for my birthday. I'm also supposed to be going out for Thai and cocktails with a good friend of mine the weekend after my birthday, and she wants to come over to my house the day before to bake some goodies. The only downside of which is that I don't have my aunts there to pawn it off too but my neighbour and her kids always appreciate my baking) but aside from that I'm completely free for those two weeks. I'll be able to eat (or rather, NOT eat) what I want. The first week I'm off work, and have those few "engagements" for birthday "fun", and the second week I'll be at work.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it, to be free of any pressure and to just do what I want to do.

I hope the rest of you are doing okay.

Stay beautiful,
Vee xox

No comments: