Tuesday, 20 January 2009

007: Day 4 of ABC. Also: the WORST DAY EVER

It is not even 10am yet, but already this is the worst day ever. Today could not have been a worse day had God himself decided to smite me in my sleep and I woke up this morning dead and decaying all over my beautiful bedding.

Last night, exhausted and bored, I went to bed around 9:30. Maybe the hunger was getting to me? Although to be perfectly honest, I didn’t actually feel hungry, I felt just fine. I was proud of the fact that I wasn’t hungry. But I was tired and went to bed early. I woke up, wiiide awake, convinced that it would of course only be a few minutes before my alarm was due to go off, because with me that is always the way. A glance at my phone, however, proved it was only 2:22 in the morning. Score! I could go back to sleep for a whole four and a half extra hours. Of course, I was WIDE awake and it took ages to fall back to sleep… Next thing I knew, I was 7:00, my alarm was going off and I had to get up. And now I was exhausted.

I got ready for work, gathering all the extra crap I needed. I even remembered to get my fruit salad, peach, and 10cal pot of jell-o (it’s not Jell-O brand because England doesn’t have Jell-O, but I feel weird calling the stuff “Jelly”) AND a spoon to eat it with! I was dropped off at my bus stop. And waited.

And waited.

Then I saw my bus up the street, about the turn onto the roundabout. I walked to the edge of the road to wait for it to come down. And it didn’t. It went straight across the roundabout. I was pissed. I went back and waited.

And waited.

And then I saw another bus. And once again, it went straight across the roundabout. By this time, I had been waiting at the bus stop for over half an hour. Everyone got on the next bus, after asking me what was up with my bus, and I said I had no idea. In the end I called the local Traveline, and asked the operator. She said they didn’t have anything on their system about the bus route being revised, and gave me the number to call my bus company’s office direct. So I did, and he told me that yes, it wasn’t coming down this way due to road works on the area where it comes back out onto the main road again. Wonderful. It would have been nice for someone to TELL US that. I told the man on the phone this and he said that there should have been notices on the bus.

Well I wouldn’t know would I? I’m not ON the fucking bus! I also told him that nobody I’d spoke to had seen any notices (and for the record, when I finally DID get on the bus? NO NOTICES)

So, fine, I decided to walk up to the next stop. Of course, since the bus was bypassing no fewer than six stops, the next available stop was a ways up the road, and up a hill. And let me make this clear to you all: I am wearing heels. Sometimes, I wear flat shoes or sneakers on the way to work and change into heels when I get there, but today, I figured I had a ride to the bus stop and I had a ride home at the end of the day, so I should be okay in the heels. However, the hill I had to walk up to get to the bus stop, it was covered in ice, and I nearly let my face hit the pavement about eighty times on the way. My leg muscles hurt from tensing up so much to try to keep my balance.

I was almost at the stop when TWO buses came in a row, but of course I could hardly run to catch them, not without breaking my face and/or ass. So I walked, and had to wait AGES for the next one to come. I didn’t get into work until nearly 9:30, a full two hours after I originally got to the bus stop, and more than an hour after I usually get into work (8:20 or thereabouts). NOT HAPPY.

And might I add that my fucking hairband is hurting my head and irritating the living hell right out of me.

Okay, now that that rant is over with, I’ll get back on topic. Sigh.

This morning, I weighed exactly 195.0lbs. Down 6.4lbs since last Wednesday yay!

Today I’ve already eaten my apple (cut into chunks and shaken in a sandwich bag with a teaspoon of splenda and some ground cinnamon), and I’m doing okay. I’ve also got:

A fruit salad: 30 raspberries and 30 blueberries: 53
One small peach: 31
One medium banana: 105
One medium orange: 62
One Jello cup: 10

Whatever I don’t eat at work today I’m going to take home and have with a 100kcal yogurt.

It’s Day 4 of ABC and that makes it a 400 calorie day. My total with all of the above comes to: 361

Which leaves me open for maybe a small salad with some nonfat vinaigrette or something later if I’m really hungry, and still under 400 calories.

So excited, this shouldn’t be a problem. That seems like a ton of fruit.


Stay Beautiful, Ladies

Vee x

PS, I’m also out of Splenda so have to wander up to Tesco at lunch to buy some. Ughh.


ginandtrouble said...

I love that 10cal jelly too - the apple and watermelon is my favourite! Traveline ass-fuck me on an almost daily basis...

Brigt side to your shitty morning though - you probably got a really good accidental workout walking all that way in heels! Lulu

Vee said...

I haven't tried it yet but I've got a raspberry one to try. I'm not generally a big fan of jelly but I figured it'll be worth it for the low-cal content haha

That's what I was thinking! My legs ache from tensing up so much trying not to fall. But the downside is that there's no way I'm going to be motivated to go to the gym when I've got to walk so far over ice in the dark to get home afterward. And I was so revved up to go to the gym tomorrow.

I might see if I can't con my aunt into picking me up at 6 ^^