Monday 7 June 2010

I can't pay my rent but I'm fuckin' gorgeous

Sigh. New favourite song, and I must share it with you all.

I went to see Lady Gaga on Friday night, and her opening act Semi Precious Weapons were amazing and hilarious and the lead singer is sexy as hell in all his made-up glory. He was also insane thinspo because holy shit the legs on that man went on forever and I'm sure he didn't have an ounce of fat on his body.

Click here to see the video for their self-titled song

I can't stop singing it.

The only problem is that it's not really true for me. I *can* pay my rent, but I'm not fucking gorgeous.

One day.

So anyway, as of yesterday I was down a total of 4.2lbs. Yeah that 4lb loss in a day stretched into like three, and then my friend's barbeque was on Saturday and her boyfriend kept making me sample things. Still, I didn't eat a huge amount and maintained Friday's loss through to yesterday. Which was probably aided by the fact that I had a monster headache all day Saturday (and was running on very little sleep) and wound up heading home after 3 hours, which in turn cut down my alcohol caloric consumption to just one drink (pineapple juice, malibu and peach schnapps - which was amazing and summery by the way).

I didn't have time to weigh in today (rather than leaving at 7:30 as per the norm during the week, I had to get up early to leave just after 6:30, after another sleepless night and therefore dragging myself around like a zombie and almost making myself late over stupid shit like not being able to find the hair elastic I used last night so that I could brush my teeth and wash my face this morning etc) so I have no idea where I stand right now.

Regardless, I have a yogurt in my bag and that is all I'm having until I get home. Whoo!

Also, I went shopping yesterday. I seriously have a problem. Here I am, telling myself that I can't afford to buy new clothes yet, I have to wait until I get paid or possibly until I'm in Canada when I will have money TO spend on whatever I want. Then I went to the mall for the weekend's Starbucks (200 calories worth of skinny mocha frapp), needed to go to Paperchase to buy one thing (a mug to keep at work for my green teas and coffee) and wound up spending about £200. £43 and change in Paperchase. £105 in Claire's on tacky jewellery that I thought was too adorable to pass up, and some nail art decal stickers. Another £48 at Clinique on makeup remover and a night cream. And then £12 on a Harley Davidson mug for my aunt as a present since she wanted it.

So, I could have bought a couple new outfits, rather than fifty pairs of earrings and a calculator with Noodle Bear on it. Although, the earrings are fucking adorable, as are the Noodle Bear stuff I got at Paperchase. The only problem is that I'm deluding myself and making plans that aren't going to happen.

See, I bought this adorable Noodle Bear (srsly, google it, adorable) case with a little fork and spoon in it, again for work. And a set of four plastic lidded nestable bowl things. That I fully intended to start bringing lunch into work in, Japanese style, because predictably I am obsessed with Japanese culture.

But even as I trawled the internet for low-calorie low-fat "Bento" recipes (Bento is the Japanese lunchbox, usually made up of 1/2 carbs, 1/4 veggies and 1/4 meat or protein and the average sized 500ml box made up this way is usually *around* 500 calories) I realized that this isn't realistic. Unless I'm going to fill a bowl with negative calorie fruits and veggies and a tiny pot of fat-free vinaigrette to dip it in, this just isn't something I can really do. Even if I were go out and buy the ingredients and spend the time needed at night to cook and in the morning to assemble everything, I wouldn't really be able to eat it. The only way it would be half way acceptible is if I made it the only meal of the day, but I doubt I could get away with having a "decent" lunch and nothing at home - I would inevitably be forced to make something else to eat in the evening.

So, I don't know. I just don't know.

If only I were one of those people with amazing metabolisms who doesn't gain weight at all regardless of what they eat. Sigh.

ANYWAY, how was your weekend??

4 comments:

Does It Even Matter said...

My weekend was gay and filled with high calorie whiskey, beer and food food food. Honestly haven't even been trying lately. Ugh, I'm such a pathetic looser. Try to save your money up for Canada and some new clothes for when you loose more weight! Keep rocking it girl!! :)

Ana's Girl said...

What? You got to go see Lady Gaga?! I'm sooo insanely jealous right now. Lol. Half of your new favorite song is true for me...but it's not the gorgeous part. Lol.
It sounds like you're doing really well in reaching your goals regardless of people wanting you to eat. Keep it up!

Lina (of Flushed) said...

how long have you been on this yogurt diet?

Mal said...

Love the bento idea, I might try it myself. Not that obsessed with Japanese culture, but I have a serious thing for Japanese food.
"Forced" to make something else to eat in the evening? Forced by who?
Oh, and I envy you the Lady Gaga concert. One day I'm going to see her live, too.